10 best locations in Rome to get married
- 1) Villa MianiBuilt in the early 900's, Villa Miani seems to almost touch the dome of St. Peter's. This exclusive property thanks to its 2000 square meters of halls and wide spaces, terraces and manicured gardens is the perfect venue for large exclusive events, luxury wedding receptions and parties.
A splendid terrace offers a unique view of the eternal city that, especially at sunset, will offer unforgettable moments during your exclusive cocktail and reception.
- 3) Odescalchi Castle of PaloThe Odescalchi castle of Palo Laziale, is located 40 miles north of Rome. This fortress has been over the years home of popes, noble families and aristocrats, an heritage that you can actually see in the internal halls, rich of frescos, tapestries and original furniture, a unique background for an elegant and classy wedding. Saying "I do" will be even more romantic and unforgettable if pronounced in the castle’s wide garden, just in front of the sea. Then imagine a cocktail and then an elegant reception either outside in the gardens or in the elegant internal spaces. While toasting to the newly-weds, your guests will enjoy the striking landscape and an exclusive view and sunset over the sea. Simply awesome!
- 2) The Odescalchi castle of BraccianoLocated 30 Miles from Rome city center, on the southern shore of lake Bracciano, the Odescalchi castle, considered one of the most beautiful and majestic feudal residences of Europe, is a unique venue for a wedding ceremony and reception. For this reason the castle has hosted many high profile weddings like the one of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.
Five hundred years of history echo in the Cesari Hall, the Secret Garden, the Ancient Tower, the Hall of Arms where precious renaissance masterpieces are kept. The extreme functionality of these spaces will fit any kind of event, they are perfect both for small parties up to 1000 guests.
- 4) Relais Appia AnticaRelais Appia Antica is a private elegant villa located along the ancient Via Appia Antica, the original Roman road soaked in the Appia Antica park. Rome city center is very close, and yet, once inside the villa you will forget the hectic life of the city and the crowded roads and will enjoy the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of its gardens, with olive trees, and a huge pine forest. In the hot days of summer the trees will shadow your ceremony in the garden, then your guests will enjoy fresh cocktails and delicious food that can be served around the pool and in the other areas of the villa and park.
If you dream of a romantic wedding night the villa will cuddle the newly-weds, in its refined and elegant 5-star suites, the main one with an all around view of the park.
- 5) Palazzo Manfredi – Restaurant AromaThis location is perfect for those who are in love with the Imperial Rome and in particular with its magnificent Coliseum.
Aroma Restaurant's terrace is just in front and very close to this majestic and beautiful symbol of the Eternal city. Words cannot really describe the feeling of being there. The first time people see the terrace, they are just speechless and astonished as you seem to almost touch it. The Coliseum will be yours for the entire time of the event and will be an unforgettable background even increasing its charm while approaching the sunset.
Already heralded as one of the finest restaurants in Rome, Aroma’s Chef Giuseppe Di Iorio delights guests with contemporary cuisine while keeping an eye on tradition.
Before dinner guests can enjoy a cocktail on the lounge bar terrace overlooking the Oppio Hill.
This location is suitable for a classy wedding with a small-medium-sized party.
- 6) Studi RomaniIf you are looking for something different from standard luxury weddings, Studi Romani Institute is what you are looking for. This incredible location was in the origin the convent of Saints Bonifacio and Alessio and it is adjacent to the namesake church, on the peaceful and residential Aventine Hill. It was one of the most important monastic centers of the Middle Age and later it was used by Charles IV king of Spain as a summer residence while being exiled by Napoleon.
The cloister and the garden, this last one being one of the most romantic and beautiful of Rome, are the jewels of this venue and can be both perfect for your ceremony, cocktail and reception.
From the cloister, a large door leads to a wide garden that overlooks the Tiber river and offers a breathtaking view of Rome, and of St. Peter’s dome, visible in the distance; the same spectacular view that is visible from the Knights’ of Malta famous door’s keyhole, right next to this venue.
- 7) Torcrescenza CastleThe Torcrescenza Castle is located in the heart of an ancient park with beautiful fountains, very close to the city center of Rome. Although still being the private residence of a Roman historical noble family, it is opened for private events, conferences and top-level meetings.
The internal courts, the cloister and the garden offer a unique setting for your exclusive wedding and a magical atmosphere that will make you feel like in a fairytale.
- 8) Odescalchi Castle Santa MarinellaThe Odescalchi Castle of Santa Marinella, located 50 minutes from Rome, on the coast of Latium, is a spectacular setting and is nestled in a unique landscape: on one side the two garden terraces just above the sea, for romantic sunsets, on the other side the green park with the typical Mediterranean vegetation, palms and maritime pines offer a relaxing lansdcape. The castle is located in the middle of this magical natural landscape that is one of the residences of the noble Odescalchi family. The castle is divided into numerous halls and wide spaces that will satisfy everyone’s tastes and needs. The park, the internal court, the ancient gazebo, the terraces above open sea and overlooking the small harbor of Santa Marinella, together with the elegantly refined internal salons can be used just as you like, according to your needs and vision of the wedding.
After the party the newly-weds will escape to the castle’s tower where a suite with all comforts will wait for them for the wedding night!
- 9) Villa AureliaVilla Aurelia was built by Cardinal Farnese in the early 1600s on top of the Gianicolo hill, the hill with the best panoramic view of the Eternal city, along the Aurelian walls.
After passing to various owners, after whom overtime it was named, it was finally taken by the American Academy of Rome that after World War II completely restored the property. Another major restoration followed after 2000 before being opened to events.
Since the opening it has been used for concerts, cultural events, and then due to the extraordinary beauty of its gardens and the breathless view over Rome and the variety of its spaces it has soon become one of the most exclusive venues for weddings and private events.
Couples will be free to organize their event just as they like it because the villa is only rent exclusively to one event. and you will be able to use them customizing your party according to your specific needs.
- 10) Hotel HasslerIf you are looking for a view with the real WOW factor luxury 5-star Hotel Hassler is the venue you are looking for. Located on top of the Spanish Steps, Hotel Hassler offers a breathtaking view of Rome. Its panoramic terraces are the perfect setting for your elegant ceremony with an all-around view of Rome and its romantic domes and rooftops, and a luxury reception that can either be held at the Michelin-starred Imago restaurant, at the romantic Palm Court garden or in the private salons.
Editor in Chief of www.weddingsitaly.com Creative director and editor in chief of Regency Event Group.